Thursday, April 14, 2016

Book Review: Treasures of the Kingdom





Treasures of the Kingdom is the second book in the Kingdom Series, written by Author Cho Larson.  The book features a Biblical explanation of the Holy Spirit’s role in the Christian Church as well as the role of the Holy Spirit in the life of a Christian believer.

Larson’s teaching is clear.  He uses Scripture with examples to point out the true objective of God’s purpose for us in the Body of Christ to not only live powerfully with the help of the Holy Spirit in our everyday lives, but fellowship corporately with the intentional purpose to honor a holy God with the free flowing gifts of the Holy Spirit.

How do we enter into worship that our God so deserves?

What are the steps of true worship?

How do I know how to serve God with the gifts He provides?

How do I break free of all the fleshly trappings that bind me so I can worship freely and serve a Holy God?

What does a healthy church look like when believers follow the Biblical requirements of gathering corporately and allowing the Holy Spirit to control the service?

What should I be cautious about when I see gifts of the Holy Spirit misused?

These questions and many more are answered in this valuable book.  After each chapter, the author asks a series of questions that I found helpful in understanding all that I have read.  Room to journal is provided as well.  I also liked the prayers that the author included to lead us to talk to God about it.

Treasures of the Kingdom is one of those books that instructs me, leads my heart to repent and also helps me commit what I’ve learned to Almighty God.  I highly recommend this book.


My review is an honest account of what I have read and how it affected my life.

2 comments:

  1. I am enthralled by your description of this book! These are the type of books that mark a believers life and draws us deeper to His heart! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite an interesting and concise review :)

    ReplyDelete

Red Flag

Red Flag, A True Story of Spiritual Abuse and the Lessons Learned, by author Diana Iraheta, reveals that not all Christian leaders c...