Friday, July 27, 2018

Too Many Voices




What happens to a girl who grows up in a strong loving, religious family but feels like an outcast, too different from others due to a God-given gift inside her?  Such is the story of Alane Haynes who heard many voices early on in her youth and decided to follow them not knowing they would lead to a dark, unsafe and lonely place.

From Hippy to Holy
I stopped biting my nails when I got to the chapter of her full surrender to God with her new resolve to read the Bible to know Him better.  Her life took a new pathway, one of light instead of darkness.  I held my breath as I read of her radical determination to trust God fully and listen to only His voice.  Alane began to make wise decisions daily with confidence which opened up a new lifestyle of obedience to God.  He lead her eventually to a prophetic ministry to help others.

I found the message of this book summed up in a nutshell in the chapter, Transition: Out of the Old and Into the New.  Alane writes:


I had not fully realized just how deeply the world system of thinking is embedded within.  It isn’t just living a godly, moral life when you are born again.  To truly be a new creature, our minds have to be transformed.  The real transformation is from being our own god to letting God be God, and trusting Him for everything.


My Personal Preference
Here is what I particularly liked about this book:

1.      The author stresses the benchmark of absolute truth, the Word of God.

2.     The era was my era!  As I read of her hippy antics, I recalled the music of that time and put on my 60’s and 70’s playlists.

3.     Most chapters end with poetic summary which makes this read different and uniquely creative.  The author bares her soul and then sums up lessons learned in lyrical expression.

4.     I like short chapters.  The power-packed succinctly written life lessons framed in short chapters drew me into reflection and then application for my own life.

5.     I like honest believers!  Consequences do not evaporate after conversion.  The author’s recount of past poor choices led to depression, but God rescued her every time.

Alane’s testimony is more, much more, than just a story of darkness to light.  It depicts a loving Father who rescues His daughter and changes her life dramatically from fearful apprehension to confident joy as He transforms her into His own image.


I recommend Too Many Voices.  This book boosts a Christian’s faith with a reminder of how God’s Holy Word brings clarity to our hearing as opposed to the enemy’s voice which brings confusion.






Alane Haynes has written four books.  She is a featured writer on Elijah’s List and Spirit Fuel.  Alane is a public speaker as well as women’s leader at The Rock Church in San Diego.  Her heart’s desire is to see people reconciled to God and filled with His purpose.  She teaches others how to hear and obey God’s voice.  Alane and her husband, Kerry, are commissioned by Limitless Realms International Ministries.  Also, they are founders of Eternal Truth Now Ministry and Golden Vessels.    They live in San Diego and  love the outdoors.  They also enjoy spending time with their family.  You can visit Alane at her website:  www.alanehaynes.com

10 comments:

  1. She's got an honest face. I believe her story. Mind transformation is indeed the key to letting God be our God.
    Sounds like a good, interesting book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am following this blog now!

    I love redemption stories. Smile. Every story is a redemption story...well, some aren't...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an evolving, easy-to-read/understand review! Being of a 'certain era' myself, I can empathize. Putting 'Voices' on my to-read list today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Thank you so much for this awesome review!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds great! I would like to read it! thanks for your sharing and passionate review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great book! I like reading testimony stories like this. Will have to read it soon!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing! Too Many Voices will be on my Goodreads "Want to Read" list! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the review, Mary. Her era would have been mine as well. I'll have to give it a read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that strong and courageous voice in a lost world!

    These are the kinds of people that make the rest of us stronger.

    Already commented, but it's not taking for some reason...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Consequences do not evaporate after conversion...how true this is. this book sound like something I would love to read, give me honest, open, truth about oneself and how God works through our lives and I am encouraged. Thanks for featuring her book.

    ReplyDelete

Red Flag

Red Flag, A True Story of Spiritual Abuse and the Lessons Learned, by author Diana Iraheta, reveals that not all Christian leaders c...